Thursday, December 19, 2013

Music for the season...

As usual, music helps me get into the mood for anything, especially to celebrate Christmas.  Aside from my perma-love of the Vince Guaraldi Trio's Charlie Brown's Christmas music, I have found a few great tunes for this season.

The first one is a work of love.  The World of Color Honor Choir was created this year to be a part of the Winter Dreams show in Disney's California Adventure Park.  This show has been around since 2010 but after seeing the work Eric Whitacre has done with his virtual choirs, they decided to bring that performance to their show.  So this past September, a call went out for singers to submit video for this choir.  The videos had to be submitted by early October and I'm proud to say I made the cut!  Out of the over 1,400 singers who submitted video, 703 singers were chosen.  As you look at the video, I have no idea where my image is amid all the snowflakes but I'm there!  It's just such an amazing piece of music, really just gets you into the holiday mood.  Here's the official video.  And here's what it looks like in the official show:





So cool.

And finally, one of my favorite songs that really snaps you back to the meaning of this holiday season is Francesca Battistelli's "You're Here".  What beautiful lyrics, and what a great message.  This is a video someone put together but it so perfectly shows the emotions captured in that first night.




Happy Holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment