Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Happy Belated Administrator's Day!


So, to not only lighten the mood from my last post but to also recognize, I am wishing a belated Administrative Professional's Day to all those hard working folks out there!  In the ode to my fellow grunts last year, I shared a snapshot of my life in the administrative sector.  Let's face it, we keep the world turning.  And as I sit here at 9:20 PM, working until 11 or so, it's clear what we do.  Yes, my boss is a far cry from the one from hell (cheese-picker-offer) and is currently supporting my school career by letting me have flexible hours.  And yes, he does get me flowers every year for my birthday which always seems to happen right around this fabulous day (this year, same day).  But every year, I tell myself the flowers are in appreciation for being the Office Manager Extraordinaire, a title I've seriously considered signing off with in all correspondence.  We all need some appreciation.

So this one goes out to all the folks who wear so many hats.  For me, it's receptionist, accountant, paralegal, executive assistant and business development/marketing manager.  And props to all of us who realize how important we are to the life-blood of the business and choose to work through the pain of migraines, sleepiness and sickness.  My favorite is when I have a cold, answer the phone, and then get asked if I have a cold.  When I respond yes, they immediately feel sorry and express their condolences.  Let's all ignore the white elephant in the room, please?  Oh I could go on but bottom line...

We, administrators of the world deserve appreciation.  So hats off to you!




1 comment:

  1. Yes you do! I wish I could afford to hire you to run my life! And I am very, VERY sorry I missed your birthday ... Hope it was happy...:)

    ReplyDelete