Sunday, September 21, 2014

Today, I made a statement...


Today I marched in the Peoples Climate March in New York City.  This march, along with other sister marches done in solidarity around the world, was done to bring change and communicate the urgency just days before a UN climate summit.  In New York alone, it was estimated the march brought around 400,000 people.  If you want to read more about it and see lots of photos, click here.



As I sit here, very tired, head and whole body hurting from a long day, I am overwhelmed with emotion in realization of the magnitude of what was done today.  I was a part of a movement making a statement that we are willing to fight for our world.  We're not willing to accept that our children may have a future earth akin to the likes of Mars.  We're not willing to accept plants/species dying, sea levels rising, contaminated water/air and continuous addiction to fossil fuels.  The time for drastic change has come.

I remember this last spring in my low-impact design class my teacher mentioning this march.  I thought to myself... well I will be over there...  Today it became a reality and I marched for a better planet. And even though I'm just one person, each of us together today created a movement, a march.  Just like it's been said before, a rainstorm starts with just one drop.  What are you doing for the earth today?


Changes will come from the power of many; but only when the many come together to form that which is invincible, the power of one.



1 comment:

  1. I wish I could believe anyone in power will give a serious damn. But well done anyway, for following your heart.

    ReplyDelete