Friday, February 22, 2013

Quite the view...




We went to Chelan last weekend to celebrate our anniversary/Valentine's Day/Beth-needed-a-break and it was wonderful.  So we packed the 3 pooches up, bid adieu to Ella the cat and headed out for great adventures.  Apparently many other people had the same bright idea as all the wineries were packed.  So instead we went exploring, our specialty.  We stayed at a nice hotel in Manson and I had no idea I would wake up to this view the next day...



Okay, so this is a view on the way to another packed winery but you get the picture.  Gorgeous.  I highly recommend going in the winter but I also am more of a fan of going to places when tourists aren't there.  All the locals assured me this place (Lake Chelan) gets a bit crazy in the summer.  Not for me.

On another note, as promised, I would like to share another plant that I am finding quite sexy ;)  This would be Juniperus squamata 'Meyeri' or Meyeri juniper.  Check this out:

Juniperus squamata 'Meyeri'

This puppy is cool.  It can be pruned a bit more easily than many conifers which can be handy.  Mostly, I don't like junipers but this one has a great look.  I think I'm partial to things that look bonsai-ed and this definitely has that look.  Just a stunning specimen.

Dear Mom & Dad:  This is one bush I would love to put in your yard as it is likes the heat and sun and can tolerate cold which is pretty much what you need.

Now to leave you... one last picture from our Chelan adventure, enjoy!

Ah, water so calm, great reflection on Lake Chelan.


No comments:

Post a Comment